KappaCUDAnet for .Net is now available
Examples for C# and Visual basic are available in the KappaCUDAnet.msi installer. Please see the Kappa Quick Start Guide for Windows.
What is Kappa?
Kappa is an advanced software framework that makes it easy to bring the best performance to processing data by using relatively inexpensive highly parallel CPU and GPU hardware. Kappa works with your current programming languages and data sources. Kappa is ready to improve your TCO by implementing the production work loads of clusters of hundreds of servers on just a few servers.
Extras for Kappa
As of version 1.2, these files are available in the Kappa installation in either the kappa-langauges RPM or DEB file or the Languages section of the Windows installer. Please use one of those installations for versions newer than version 1.2. The files on this page are no longer the most current.
Extras for Kappa via SWIG
The following files allow wrapping the Kappa Library for use by the languages supported by SWIG. These were generated using SWIG version 1.3.40. Please refer to the SWIG documentation for further information on the mapping between languages and C++. Perl, Python, Lua, and Ruby have been tested as working properly and can at least be considered as beta status. There is a package KappaCUDA_1.2-1.tar.gz for R that compiles and loads and that passes the standard checks with 5 warnings. PHP appears to compile properly but has not been tested further. Octave, and TCL appear to compile and to load properly but have not had any functionality tested. Other languages (allegrocl, chicken, csharp, guile, java, mzscheme, ocaml, and pike) have generated wrappers but have not been even compiled and are probably at a pre-alpha level (there is a prealpha or alpha file in a language folder, as appropriate, to indicate status).
The Perl keyword for Kappa is available. The Python keyword is available and works reliably except if python is the main program (see the keyword/Python/TODO file for details).
- kappa_languages-1.2.0.tar.gz (1.43 MB) June 26, 2010
- keywordperl-1.2.0.tar.gz (11.61 KB) June 26, 2010
- keywordpython-1.2.0.tar.gz (15.3 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/KappaCUDA.i (5.03 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/cuda/concurrentKernels.cu (1.02 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/cuda/concurrentKernels.ptx (17.36 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/cuda/matrixMul.h (2.22 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/cuda/matrixMul_kernel.cu (3.5 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/cuda/matrixMul_kernel.ptx (6.75 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/k/modules.k (1.91 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/KappaCUDA.i (5.03 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/KappaCUDA_wrap.cpp (784.91 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/lua/test.lua (186 bytes) June 26, 2010
- languages/r/KappaCUDA_1.2-1.tar.gz (84.22 KB) June 26, 2010
- languages/README (576 bytes) June 26, 2010
Kappa Extras License terms
The KappaCUDA Kappa Extras files are licensed under the following MIT license:
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
restriction, including without limitation the rights to use,
copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Trivial modifications of Kappa Extra derived works do not qualify as software applications for the Kappa Library Developer License.